Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 TTL fill flash
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 05:35:43 -0800 (PST)

Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com> after mocking those with enough
sense to move north, pleaded:

> Can anyone here tell me about how well the M6 TTL and appropriate
> flash work compared to say Nikon or Canon flash which is nearly
> foolproof?
>
> Can you do a minus 2-3 stop flash compensation and really get it?
> Whats the overall flash exposure accuracy of the system?

It's pretty darn good.  My Nikon uses distance information for flash
exposure, so that's always going to be easier to use in trickier
situations than the Leica.  It's not quite foolproof.  Put something
white in the center where it's metering, and it will be fooled
everytime.  You can't pretend that your Leica has matrix metering.  :)

For my Christmas snaps, I dialed in -1 2/3 stops and snapped away as
if I weren't using a flash.  Here's how they looked...

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=82371

I'm using a Metz 32M-3 set on TTL.  It's pretty easy.  Probably even
for
a Southerner.  :)