Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex vs Leica R
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 29 Dec 2000 10:04:39 -0800

On Fri, 29 December 2000, "Anderson, Ferrel E" wrote:

<SNIP>
> The RE fitted with a motor winder, the 400 Telyt, and
> the shoulder stock is fantastic (How do you use the SL
> and 400 quickly Doug?)

I agree, an R with winder & shoulder stock release is very handy when using the 400 f/6.8, as long as I don't need to change metering modes or use manual metering.  For me, the SL's viewfinder brightness and clarity, and the continuously-variable shutter in manual mode, more than make up for the lack of a compact winder.  With the R setup I was shifting my hand between the grip and the camera body too often, and missing focus too.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!