Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Spotmatic was Why DO we spend so much money on Leica glass,
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:52:56 -0500

Dante A Stella jotted down the following:

> And the thing about it that will start the flame war is that the B+W MCR KR1.5
> on the front was what sealed the lens assembly from all moisture. It formed an
> air- and water-tight tube with the lens barrel, protecting all the vitals of
> the camera. So much for skylights being useless.

Of course, most of just would rather just refrain from tossing our cameras
into the snow over night and dispense with the UV filter... ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "Why don't they make gravestones
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |  cheerier?"
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                  -- Nigel Tufnel

Replies: Reply from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re: Spotmatic was Why DO we spend so much money on)