Subject: [Leica] Visitation
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:03:46 -0800

Alastair Firkin wrote:
Dear North American Lugnuts,

The time has come for me to plan 2001. First thing is overseas
journeys, and at the death of April and for a week or so in May, I
will be in Seattle, and looking for things to do. I have been told
that this part of the world is scenic and well worth visiting, so I'm
looking for ideas and suggestions. You will hear more about this as
the time approaches, but I want to begin the "negotiations".

Cheers

This little corner of the world can indeed be rather scenic. We have our
share of volcanoes, rain forests, wild glacier-clad mountains, rugged
seashore etc. Alot would depend on where your interests lie and what the
weather is doing. That time of year it could easily be beautiful and sunny,
or gray and rainy. There is typically still alot of snow in the mountains at
that time, so you could bring your tele or randonee gear along and we could
do a little backcountry skiing. I posted a few pictures from one of my
adventures this summer on the MSN leica users site, it's in the Random
Shootings II folder.

Maybe we should organize an informal LUG/FOMII get together in Seattle and
invite the Vancouver contingent to come down, and the Portland contingent to
come up. Let me know what you might be interested in doing or seeing and I
can give specific suggestions.

Tom Finnegan
Seattle