Subject: Re: [Leica] m5 strap redux
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:55:22 -0600

>henry ambrose wants to know:
>
>>>mint + to only mint so you get off easy. the proper strap for the 3 lug
>>>version is a piece of butchers twine, tied off in a bowline on each end.
>>>

>>Just exactly -WHERE- does he tie the other end of the piano wire?
>
>this explains much. i've seen a lot of luggers holding their cameras by a
>piece of string and i feel compelled now to say that you must attach _both
>ends_ of the strap to _different lugs_ on the camera so that there are _no
>free ends_ of string or strap or wire. what this allows you to do is stick
>your head through the loop (i'm not kidding here) and the camera will hang
>off of your neck (shoulder will work as well). attaching _one end_ of the
>wire or string and dragging the camera behind you like a dog on a leash is
>_not good_ for your camera. henry, stop it, you're gonna break something.
>
>kc

Ohhh Kyle,

You are the genie who popped out of the bottle!

I tried your suggestion just now and it _IS_ so much better.
Before, the camera made such a racket when I walked down the street and
people sometimes stared and whispered. You, of all people, must know how
cruel others can be.

Now that you've straightened me out on the strap thing I have another
question. Doesn't the film cartridge get all dirty if you take it out of
the little plastic bottle? I've been very worried about this for quite a
while. Erwin says nothing about this on his site. Can you please clear
this up for me?

Happy New Year,

Henry
(feeling better now)