Subject: [Leica] Re: LS2000
From: Thomas Herbert <iphoto@elp.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:19:18 -0700

I have had the LS2000 since it first came out, a little over two years or so
and my experiences are mixed.

The first thing not to work was the automatic neg feeder which kept jamming.
So into the box it went. I just used the metal adapter with film and leave
the slide adapter in the machine permanently. Setting up for a scan is a
pain sometimes, although the digital ice does actually do a good job of
removing dust and scratches. A little unsharp masking is required as ICE
makes the image just a little soft.

I recently have started having some banding problems when scanning and after
holding for 35 minutes for Nikon support got a little pissed at Nikon. I am
now looking at Kodak's new scanner the RFS-3600. Supposed to be a 3600 dpi
3.6 Dmax scanner priced by B&H at $1200. Can do a slide or a whole strip of
35mm film with no adapters required.

Anyone else have any information to share.

Thomas...recent N***n to Leica M6 convert:)

- --
Thomas Herbert
(915) 546-2342
iphoto@elp.rr.com