Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw-mount to M Adapters?
From: Akhil Lal <akhil.lal@bcc.cuny.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:24:11 -0500

Hi Bill,

The Prominent has a completely different mount, so its
lenses will not work on the Leica.

The new "Voigtlander" lenses are in LSM (Leica Screw
Mount), a.k.a. LTM (Leica Thread Mount), and these can
be used on the M with adaptors. The adaptors are
available from Cosina dealers or S. Gandy.

A very few Noktons were made in LSM, but these are
scarce and expensive.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Akhil