Subject: RE: [Leica] Beware laser surgery, was 35mm frame lines & the .85 M6
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:18:10 -0000

Henning,
Last year I worked with a new cameraman (video photography) for the first
time.
Half way through the morning I noticed he had an interesting glasses
arrangement. He kept one lens in for far sight but for the close up viewing
of the eyepiece on the camera he'd 'emptied' his glasses of the element for
that eye. Very clever thought I...

After lunch he told me he was concerened about the camera lens. It seemed
to be out of kilter, perhaps the 'back focus' had gone on the zoom. Nothing
seemed to look sharp anymore. I cautiously asked about his one eyed
technique with his glasses and found he'd been unaware of losing the
element earlier that day.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh...

Jem