Subject: [Leica] [Fwd: [Acg] A Camera Collectors Musings...]
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:24:04 -0500

Hi All
look at what I found on the
Argus Group from Dave of Omaha
At last, a poem I can read and enjoy!
Javier

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Acg] A Camera Collectors Musings...
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:30:17 -0500
From: Dave J Hamer <DaveHamer@compuserve.com>
To: "INTERNET:acg@KJSL.COM" <acg@KJSL.COM>

To all in ACG:
Pardon my presumptiveness...but thought you might enjoy the following
which
I've reworked as the snow piles up here in Nebraska and the holidays
draw
near.  Dave in Omaha

A CAMERA COLLECTORS MUSINGS...(with apologies to Clement Clarke Moore)

T'was the night before Christmas and through the collection
The cameras were resting...and deep in reflection.

Of days gone by and super sharp exposures
With R.F.'s and ground glass...and even tape measures.

Row upon row with lenses agleam.
Viewfinders all bright...they make quite a team.

An Ektra, a Contax, Retina and Tower,
A Canon, a Leica and even a Bower.

Univex, Keystone, Cine-Kodaks four-score.
Filmos and Bolex, and a whole lot more.

Some great Six-20's, some sweet Six-16's,
Double Oughts and others, ne'er more to be seen.

Diana's and Cub's and Perfex  galore.
Oh yes, and Instamatics all over the floor!

Bantam's and Pony's and Brownies so cute.
Boxes and folders...some in colors to boot.

Many an Argus:  C-3's and the A,
A C-4 with Geiss, but,  alas no K.

Hit's and Tone's and Crystals too.
Rolls of old film and bulbs of blue.

The Gift Kodak and Rainbows row on row,
And of course an Art Deco aptly named Beau.

Most of them work...but there's a bellows a'tatter,
And a shutter that's slow.  But what does it matter?

It's such a great hobby...the search and the chase.
Acquisitions the thing.  The right time.  The right place.

It's quiet now with the collection encased.
The jolly old gentleman is out there in space.

And if Santa is listening and has the desire
A Super Kodak Six-20 would set me afire.

Some say collecting is naught but just folly.
But what do they know.  I love it by golly!

(Best wishes for the holidays to the great ACG family...Dave in Omaha,
USA)