Subject: Re: [Leica] what would you do OT?
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:18:02 -0000

>There is the potential for your message to be stored on any single one of
>those intermediate machines.  There is the potential for your messages to
>be
>copied and sent elsewhere on any of those intermediate machines, without
>any
>trace of this in the original message.  And it's a relatively trivial task
>to write a program that scans email text for four blocks of four numbers,
>or
>a single block of sixteen numbers, in the messages body.
>
>Sending your cc no. over unsecure email is NOT analoguous to speaking it
>over the phone, or handing it to a waiter in a restaurant.  Not even close.

I really do not agree with you. Because, as a first guess, the probability
somebody hacking to get credit card number in the Internet will find your
cc. number among the billions of billions of IP Packets is probably not
bigger than the probability that a waiter or a phone operator will use your
cc number.

logan.