Subject: [Leica] The M6 and 75 'Lux Repair
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:30:38 -0800

Ok, everything is back.....

The problems were
a) the M6 .72 TTL had a vertical RF adjustment needed... ( new, 1 week old!)
b) the 'Lux seemed to focus about 5 FEET behind the RF indication....check
the focus
c) match the 'Lux to the M6 RF

The repairs took about 2 weeks door to door, after I argued with Leica/NJ
that the camera was new, no excuse were accpetable to wait 6-8 weeks for
repair....  Cost was a total of $35 plus shipping .....

I took a roll of TMX last night of our 22 year old son who was watching
TV... NO MOVEMENTS... he could have been a stone statue!  Focus was on the
bridge of his nose ( eyeglasses )... 36 shots to be sure, and every one shot
at F1.4, 5 feet distance, 1/30 of a second.  The results look superb....
nice consistent focus at what looks like the center of his mustache.... can
not yet tell if the plane of focus is the same as the bridge of his
nose..... but I think so.....

Nice out of focus highlights....REAL NICE!   A winner at last....now for
some real shots.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] The M6 and 75 'Lux Repair)