Subject: Re: [Leica] One Lens System
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <Joseph@yao.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:07:47 +0800

The Summilux-M is my favourite lens.  It offers one extra stop over the
common Summicron-M 50/2.0 without too much penalty in terms of size and
weight, and depends on where you buy it from, it may cost only a faction
more than the Summicron.  My 'standard' kit comprises of 35/1.4 ASPH.,
50/1.4 and a 90/2.8, all share the same filter size of E46.

The Noctilux is faster still, but it is much larger, heavier, as well as
much more expensive.  I am surprised that only 500 or so M 50/1.4 are sold a
year globally.

I must also admit/confess I have a fetish for 50/1.4 lenses, and the
Summilux 50/1.4 is the only lens I have in all versions ever produced, and
there are four finishes in all!

Cheers,

Joseph

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] One Lens System)