Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Day at Pauls' Camnera
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:00:06 -0800

Frank Filippone wrote:

> This is in Torrance CA.
>
> Nice collection of all the m6 variations.. after much handling, I decided
> the .72 was best for me because I use the 35 so much.
>
> The local rep also had the 90 APO and the 75 'Lux... about the same weight
> but the Lux is more front heavy.....more glass way out there....
>
> Te 135 F3.4 is not impressive to handle, but I don;t know about the pix.....
>
> Basically, I went to see if I might be happier with some equipment
> changes....came out without spending a penny.
>
> Frank Filippone

I can vouch for the picture taking abilities of the 135 F3.4 apo. It's lighter
in weight than the 90 apo Asph and is a whole different ballgame focal length
wise. I find it a pleasure to use and a shock every time i see how snappy the
contacts and prints come out. They match up perfectly to all you other negs from
all your other current Leica M lenses. Previously I'd expect some loss of
contrast in an image from such a telephoto lens. This lens gives you all the
apparent snap I get from my 50 Summicron and 90 apo Asph. But just much more
reach. We don't need no stinkin SLR's!!
Those little framelines are like a rectangular curser on the world; point and
click. I don't miss a magnified image on a groundglass at all!

I find myself framing pictures for what i don't want in it concentrating on
whats around the box more than what's in it.

Ground over Figure!

mark :) rabiner

updated Temp Site:
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/