Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic posts
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 15:47:10 -0800

i don't mind ot posts. i feel that, if nothing else, it let's me know the
other posting members of the list a bit better than i might if all i heard
from them was leica-talk. for me, that makes the lug a much more vital
forum than lists which are strictly on-topic. i hope we never lose that
quality.

that said, the devisive ot threads of the past two weeks or so have been
demoralizing, and i hope we will not again be subjected as a list to
vituperative threads focussing on racism, religion and politics.

the messages we send to the list go out to hundreds of people who do not
necessarily share our views and opinions on the above subjects. let us
please not impose them on the group.

guy