Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #263
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:11:38 -0500

on 12/15/00 2:37 PM, Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>  wrote:

:
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Busted with my M2...
> The question 'have you ever been arrested' is a key one for many
> agencies because if you say YES a whole set of procedures start rolling,
> even if you were arrested entirely illegally, never charged with anything,
> and sued the cops for millions. This is a threat rather like negative
> feedback on eBay.

 Fortunately, in the US, the question has to be "have you ever been
CONVICTED." Arrests do show up on FBI fingerprint checks, but, at least
in the law enforcement agency where I work as Personnel Director they
don't carry much weight if the disposition is favorable. AFAIK this is
virtually universal.

- --
Bob Marvin