Subject: Re: [Leica] Busted with my M2
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:01:06 +0100

Watch this space, because believe me we are only at the very, very beginning
of the london/prague/dc/seattle story... and already the people who manned
the barricades thirty years ago are finding themselves (reluctantly I
expect) on the other side now, sanctioning the very behavior they deplored
previously *because they do not have another way to deal with it yet*.

We'll be there with our leicas (OT).

- - --
Johnny Deadman

John, here in Italy there's an affectionate/contemptuous name for the
people who swapped sides - sessantottini (68ers). I don't think they're
very reluctant, back then it meant they got to go to bed with the coolest
girls, today they have good jobs to lose.

Some people convert even more quickly, I remember the Balliol guy (Balliol
JCR at that time had a Stalinist constitution written by this very guy) who
was a strong Scargill supporter during the strike then went to work for the
Coal Board directly out of college. At my advanced age these things no
longer even sadden me, but I was surprised then!

I grow old, I grow old, I wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled...

Rob.
Robert Appleby

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Busted with my M2)
Reply from ksherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com> ([Leica] t.s. eliot (was busted with my M2))