Subject: [Leica] Special Leica lenses
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:37:59 -0600

Is it just me, or does everyone have a lens that seems to stand apart from
the rest?

For me it's the 28/2.8 Elmarit M (3rd version). I never was a fan of the
28mm focal length. I shot Nikon for years and I always preferred the 24.
Ten-years-ago there wasn't a 24mm in the M line, so I bought a new 28. I'm
not saying that every photograph taken with this lens is spectacular. In
truth, overall 90 percent of the frames I shoot aren't worth keeping, and
9.9 percent are average at best.  But every so often I get an exceptional
photograph.  Sometimes I play a role. More often it's luck. But every so
often the lens makes it. When it's the lens it always seems to be the 28.

Again, just curious if anyone else has a Leica lens that seems exceptional,
especially if it's not a favorite. For instance, I use two other lenses far
more often than the 28/2.8. But when somebody says that a new lens is the
best in the Leica line I always wonder how it can be any better than my
28/2.8 M.

Dave