Subject: Re: [Leica] E******* WAS sherman
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:42:27 -0800 (PST)

Johnny,

The format used by Sherman and Eggleston makes no
difference whatsoever to me. In fact, I do not even
know or care what equipment they use. I simply find
their work (at least what I have seen of it) devoid of
any artistic or technical merit. In other words, I
have no idea what they are trying to say, and I find
their pictures poorly executed from a technique point
of view. This is in contrast to what I feel about
Mapplethorpe: while I am sometimes repulsed by some of
the content, I greatly admire the technical quality of
his pictures. I have seen them in several exhibitions,
and the richness of the prints is astounding.

Nathan

Apropos a thread on another mailing list, I just