Subject: Re: [Leica] Options for when Ebay seller breaches contract?
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:07:57 -0800

Roger,

Maybe those who suggested to "give the benefit of the doubt", whatever that
means, may be right. Lets hope so. However, feedback is the bible by which
one has to abide in order to avoid most cases of fraud.

When I see an item I want, and the seller has 0 feedback, I write the seller
and negotiate to receive the item first, then send the payment. This has
worked for me more than once, including with a seller from France.

I have been stung twice (very minor sales) and in each case it was because I
wanted to trust in spite of the seller's poor record. Now, I pay very close
attention to feedback and ask lots of pertinent questions *before* I bid. If
I am not completely satisfied with the answers, I do not bid, and tell the
seller why.
Ultimately, no item is a bargain if the seller is of questionable
reputation. That which is cheap, usually will cost more.

From: "Roger" <contaxaholic@yahoo.com>