Subject: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive
From: "Cochran, Adam" <Adam.Cochran@caltech.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:41:17 -0800

I have a new motor drive, and would like to benefit from anyone's experience
on the best way to begin use of a new NiMH battery.  The Leica manual states
that "several charge/discharge cycles [should] be performed before they [the
batteries]are used for the first time" seemingly as a training exercise for
the battery.  I have not heard of this procedure with other NiMH batteries,
and the thought of fully discharging a recently fully charged battery is
unsettling.

Adam Cochran

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive)
Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive)