Subject: Re: [Leica] Old fashioned?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:29:09 -0500

Simon Stevens jotted down the following:

> Anyway, my question is this: What do LUGGERS think of as "old fashioned"
> in a camera? Does simplicity denote old fashinedness? Styling? Quality
> of construction? How do you evaluate lenses? If they are highly
> perfected aspherical fixed focal lenght lenses, is that old fashioned
> because they aren't zooms?

The M6 IS old fashioned.  It's basically the same design as the Leica II
dating back to 1932, with some updates (RF in VF from M3 (1953?) and rather
unsophisticated lightmetering).  Even TTL flash dates back close to 20
years.

The lens technology, however, is another matter.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Hardware will break.  Software comes
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | broken.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                 -- Unknown