Subject: Re: [Leica] CZ on Leica (was: digilux 4.3 v. finepix 4700: zeiss lens?)
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:29:53 +0800

on 11/12/00 1:34 AM, Martin Howard at howard.390@osu.edu wrote:

> Mount a 15mm, 35-70/4 or 80-200/4 lens on your R camera and that's exactly
> what you'll have!  The latter two via Kyocera, no less! ;)
They are Kyocera manufactured, Leica designed and have nothing to do with
Zeiss. Kyocera does handle a Zeiss lens production line, under Zeiss
supervision, but that is seperate to the Leica line (which also produces a
number of other OEM products). I have the latter two and they are really
great lenses which are at least up to the Solms standard of production
quality as far as I can tell.

Rs

Adrian
- --