Subject: Re: [Leica] .....minilux problem.....
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <Joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:32:40 +0800

TM,

What a coincidence - mine is being repaired for exactly the same problem.

There is a flexible circuit board/strip that links the lens assembly to the
main circuit board.  Every time the lens is extended or retracted, stress is
placed on this piece of flexible strip and in time, one of the connectors
will break, resulting in the symptoms you have described.  I am afraid this
is not an inexpensive repair - expect something in the region of US$200.  I
have tried to have the broken contact soldered back but it failed again in
no time.  The proper fix is replacement of the circuit board.  Your Leica
agent should have a price list detailing the repair costs for each error
message.  E02 was listed as HK$1,500 or approx. US$200 here.

How old is your Minilux?  Mine was purchased in 1996 and we have put a few
hundred rolls through it.  It has been to many parts of the world, and we
have had it covered in sand, mud, rain and snow.  And we DIDN'T even use an
UV filter with it! ;-)

If Jebsen in Singapore cannot help, let me know.....

Cheers,

Joseph