Subject: Re: [Leica] film is dieing..... according to Kodak at least
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <Joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 15:32:30 +0800

Dan,

Fuji fares no better is Hong Kong.  I spent close to a year asking Fuji HK
to bring in their excellent NHG 800.  They repeatedly told me there would be
demand for such an expensive ISO 800 colour negative emulsion, and if I
really wanted ISO 800, I could always buy the Superia 800, which IMHO was
not in the same league.

It was not until I started flooding the local market with grey imports of
NNG 800 I ordered from an overseas supplier then Fuji began to take notice.
In contrary to their belief, there is a healthy demand for high quality ISO
800 colour negative films here.

I have done the same with Mercedes-Benz, Leica and Voigtlander, and on all
occasions, their marketing strategies were not in line with customers needs.

Perhaps you should do the same with XTOL, and Kodak Singapore will likely to
change their mind.

Regards,

Joseph