Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Beware! Leica USA's deceptive practice. Part I
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 17:56:46 -0700

Of the items I have purchased from Leica Canada that were under a rebate
programme, all had the rebates applied instantly by the dealer; no fuss, no
muss. The Leica distributorship changed hands this spring and the new
distributor is now offering a similar passport programme to the one offered
by Leica USA. It naturally does not apply to old stock but they offer the
ability to add the additional passport protection for a fee. This seems
reasonable to me. I am actually hoping to use this to my advantage when
negotiating for a NOS 21/2.8 Asph that has been lingering at my local dealer
for several years now.

Cheers,

John Collier