Subject: Re: [Leica] R equipment and its future
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 15:42:26 -0500

I think that when that happens, semi conductor companies may
decide to start manufacturing and selling the backs themselves, cutting out the
oem
middleman. If you can make the CDD sensor, you can always have it mounted
where the pressure plate used to be or as part of a new back cover. You
certainly don't
need to go through an OEM for that. If bundled with some software and a cable or
2
you'de end up buying it not at your favoutrite camera shop but at Computer City!

Javier