Subject: Re: [Leica] Personal challenges (long)
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 07:21:51 -0800

Dan Honemann wrote:

> the heart than the head.  But I can tell you already, after only starting on
> this journey eight months ago, the photos I've taken that stand apart from
> the others are the ones where I wasn't really thinking at the time--I was
> merely following my eye's natural proclivity toward beauty.<<<<<<<

Hi Dan,

Right here is the secret to a lifetime of enjoyable photography, you've said it
all!

wasn't really thinking at the time--I was
merely following my eye's natural proclivity toward beauty.<<

As I've said over the past 4 years, "don't think about it, KISS - keep it simple
stupid" and go with your inner instincts.... "gut feelings!" And that's what the
magic of photography is all about!  while one is analyzing the filter, shutter
speeds, apertures, zone etc. the wonderful motivating moment that captured the
eye in the first place has gone!

Too many photographers have to do some kind of analytical thing before punching
the shutter button. There is this consummate inner feeling, or "gut feeling"
that comes in ones seeing the magical moment,  and if one doesn't react
immediately it's gone in an eye blink!

Thanks Dan for laying that on the lads and lasses!

ted Grant

Replies: Reply from "Paul Arnold" <osprey@bmt.net> (Re: [Leica] Personal challenges (long))