Subject: Re: [Leica] Should I tape my Leica?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 15:20:29 -0500

AND THUS DR, BLACKTAPE RESPONDS...

...And notes that the subject of taping is a volitile and emotional one on
the LUG. Those who favor the practice will tell you that if you have
purchased your M6 to use as a photographic tool, you won't be bothered by a
little gummy residue, which nail polish remover will easily lift off. Taping
over the red dot does have the advanatge of removing that "Look at me!" bulls
eye in the middle of your face, and taping over the white engraving, as well
as the red dot, does tend to make your M disappear.

On the other hand, there are those on the LUG who will say, 'who gives a
rat's hindquarters. It's a Leica. Be proud of it!'

Truth be known, Dr. Blacktape traded in his black tape for Sharpie felt
markers and black laquer sticks, which eliminate the sticky residue problem.
:-)