Subject: Re: [Leica] Homicide and photography
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:41:53 -0500

True enough. But I would argue that the reason the Holocaust is "different" is that, as I noted earlier, it was the mid-20th Century culmination - perpetrated in the nation which had been considered by many THE pinnacle of intellectual, scientific and cultural achievement - of a world-wide scape-goating of a people whose persecution began with the civilization of Europe. And that doesn't make other genocides any less terrible.

B. D. .. signing off on this thread.