Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 75/1.4 question (was: Homicide and photography)
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 21:02:16 -0500

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:47:15 -0800, Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> wrote:

>At 07:54 PM 12/7/00 -0500, Paul Chefurka wrote:
>>just to get things back on topic:  I just got a new 75/1.4.  Amazing lens -
>>tonally it's just a revelation.  But I'm worried about all that naked glass
>>hanging out there in front of my nose.  Ted, should I use a Tiffen or a B&W UV
>>filter to protect it?  ;-)
>>
>>Paul
>
>Cokin or Spiratone.
>
>Jim

Knew I could count on you, Jim.

Seriously, that 75 is as good as everyone says it is.  I shot some slides after
a bout of freezing rain here - the light was so subdued it was almost
monochromatic.  I can't believe the tonal gradations that were revealed on the
film, and the sharpness and bokeh are breathtaking.  All in all some of the most
optically coherent (we'll leave aside the artistic coherence, OK?) pictures I've
taken.  It's on a par in that regard with the 35/2.0 ASPH IMO.

I'll go with the Spiratone - I can get them even cheaper if I buy them used.

Paul

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] RE: Re: 75/1.4 question)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: Re: 75/1.4 question (was: Homicide and photography))
Message from Maciver2@aol.com (RE: [Leica] Homicide and photography)