Subject: RE: [Leica] Homicide and photography
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:07:19 -0500

>Paul Chefurka said: "the Holocaust has a special place in the pantheon
of genocide". That's
>where I disagree. It's ALL TERRIBLE. It's not just Germans, not just
Russians, not just Turks,
>not just American settlers, not just arab slave traders, not just
Englishman (of which I am
>one) "empire building", not just Jews with their rocket launching
helicopters against stone
>wielding palestinians...It's all of us...And I believe the message is
that unless and until we
>all realize that hatred and exploitation, cruelty, domination, greed,
anger, cold-blooded
>murder lurk in all of our psyches, it will continue.

I like the odd OT thread, but this one is driving me crazy. I have just
spent the last 4 months studying just war theory under a Jesuit priest
and a former Permanent Under-Secretary of State in the British Ministry
of Defense. Right now I'm working on the term paper for the class and
for a moments relaxation I turn to my e-mail to read something relaxing
about Leicas and  . . . arrgh!

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com> ([Leica] Ah, a just war! (was: Homicide and photography))