Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: WTB: Negative carrier for Valoy II
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:43:36 -0500

Rodgers, David jotted down the following:

> Another hard-to-come-by option for the Valloy is the lens extension tube,
> which you'll need if you want to print smaller than 6x9. There's not much
> extension range in helical focusing mechanim, so you need the tube (with any
> lens, not just with a Focotar)in order to print small. Another nice-to-have
> item is the anti-newton glass ring that fits between condensor and neg. I
> had a machinist make me an extension tube, for $25. He said he could make
> another neg carrier, as I didn't want to file mine out. Can't remember how
> much, but it seemed less than $100. He said he'd use brass and annodize it
> black.

I found a negative carrier, so that problem's been fixed.  My Valoy II is
apparently one of the late ones, as the condenser already has the
anti-Newton ring glass attached to the condensor (late ones had this
feature, according to Laney's "Collectors guide").  And Tom lent me a DOORX
which can be used as an extention tube (I was going to go for the Focomat Ic
initially, but the deal on the Valoy II was too good to pass up).

Thanks to all who responded in this matter.  You guys rock.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Armored with good intentions and
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | ignorance, one is impregnable to
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | learning.