Subject: Re: [Leica] Are they worth it ?
From: Nick Poole <nick.botton@camphill.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:33:23 +0000

>Hello everyone ,
>
>I have just bought a 50mm f2.8 Elmar Sn 1698*** for the princely sum of
>£15
>complete with an IROOA lens hood and lens cap. Also thrown in was a 135mm
>screw
>to bayonet adaptor.
>
>Anyway the lens is externally * as new * , however ....... the glass is
>either scratched , etched ,
>fogged or fungussed !!!
>
>My question is ( finally ) , is it worth getting this lens looked at ?
>
>and
>
>I have been offered a 9cm f4 ( screw mount ) in similar condition for £20 ,
>is this
>worth buying ?
>
>Regards
>Eric
>
>Eric J Calderwood
>Liverpool Broadband
>Helpdesk
>0151 229 4260

Hell, Eric, what are you waiting for?!?

Get the 9cm at that price and send both off to Malcolm Taylor who
will restore (and re-coat all the glass) to pristine condition.
You've stumbled on a bargain; go for it.
Contact me off list if you want Malcolm's address. (You do know he
restored the Ur Leica, don't you!)
Nick

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Are they worth it ?)