Subject: [Leica] Focal Length Neurosis!
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:34:29 -0600

Mark

>>Actually I don't have a Noctilux yet, but in the next year or so I
think...<<

I've been saying that for years. The lure never seems to fade. I thought
buying the 35/1.4 ASPH would end it, but it hasn't. BTW, with my 35 now in
the shop I've been using my 50/1.4 M. Last night I shot christmas lights
around the city. For fun I shot tungsten film. First time in years. Curious
to how they'll turn out. If the color is wrong, I'll just tweak it in
Photoshop.

Speaking of PS, I'm always cropping my 35/1.4 negs when I scan. I thought
perhaps I'd use more neg with the 50/1.4. But I can never seem to get
everything I want into the 50 framelines. I'm perplexed. Changing lenses is
how I broke my 35. For those who say "just step forward and backward", last
night I nearly stepped back in front of a bus. If there's such a thing as
focal length neurosis, I'm becoming the FLN poster child. Or at least a
candidate for the Tri-Elmar. Let me see! Should that come before or after
the Noct?

Dave

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Focal Length Neurosis!)