Subject: Re: [Leica] Toronto get-together in the New Year
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 09:57:28 -0800

Greg Locke wrote:

> > It was the last four words that did me in!  When I moved to lotus land here on
> > the west coast of Canada, even better,  to a wonderful island of leica
> > photography images par excellence,
>
> LIES, LIES, LIES.....  Newfoundland is the true Island of Leica for people of
>  "stronger stuff".<<<<<<<<<<

Now now Greg, let's not get carried away here! ;-)

Newfoundland is cool in the summer for Leica pictures, but yikes in the winter? I
mean, we on the opposite side and ocean have flowers,  green grass and well rounded
women in shorts all year round! And I don't mean in workout shops either! ;-)

A challenge then sir,  to determine and settle this argument once and for all!!  A
Leica duel to the finish!! It could be billed as the Leica moment of the millennium!
;-)

We meet in Winnipeg, the perceived centre of geographical Canada, Leica's in hand,
bare knuckles!  In January at the corner of Portage and Main, 45 below zero, 30 mph
wind chill factor for an additional minus 30 degrees .

Your choice of leica model,  I will use my trusty R8 avec motor for quicker shots!
Although trained to fire two rounds (oops!)  frames in quick succession, therefore
assuring the perfect kill, OOPS,  perfect exposure! :-)  We can use a 12 frame roll,
stand back to back, walk 12 paces turn and fire in rapid sequence. I on the other
hand being a senior citizen will be given "senior citizens rights" only requiring 10
paces, turn and fire! :-)

That's called: "old age and treachery will over come youth and skill!" :-)

The winner will be determined by the "street photographers" to determine the most
exacting of  "street image's" depicting the "decisive  street moment" of maximum
impact in exposure and composition!

One might say it could be a Leica street moment frozen in time! :-)

We could however move the event to "Long Beach" on Vancouver Island where it could be
done on the magnificent sands of the Island,  the winner could partake of scuba
diving, fresh oysters and crab cooked on the beach as the victors meal! ;-)  And fine
wines of the Island not to mention the company of a fine Island lady! ;-)

If I keep this up I'll go to Long Beach,  you go to Winnipeg and I'll send you an
e-mail saying you missed! :-) Say lad are you on? ;-) Or better still, up for the
street moment? ;-) Better on the beach, trust me would I lie to you? ;-)

ted

Message from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Toronto get-together in the New Year)
Message from Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca> (Re: [Leica] Toronto get-together in the New Year)