Subject: Re: [Leica] Toronto get-together in the New Year
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:13:55 -0800

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> f/1 school to
> cutting edge street photography!! And it'll be BLOODY cold!!<<<<<<<

John my friend,

It was the last four words that did me in!  When I moved to lotus land here on
the west coast of Canada, even better,  to a wonderful island of leica
photography images par excellence,  I swore an oath I'd never go east of the
Rocky Mountains  between October 31 and May 1 of any year!  Unless of course I
was paid handsomely to do so. :-)

Unfortunately being a mercenary sort of chap on occasion,  I was soft hearted
and headed and found myself enticed to break my oath to shoot assignments where
it snows, water freezes and hell has no wrath like that of a Toronto winter!
:-)   Having that in mind and as much as I'd love to attend your soiree, the
cold of winter has such a detrimental clutch on me and my leica's,  I fear I'll
have to pass the LUGFEST of  TO!

However! ;-)  There has been mention of late between self and photo agency that
I'd be well advised to make a short, two nights visit?  to the city of my
birth!  So in the event it comes about, please for the moment, add me to your
list of attendees!  Besides I believe we owe each other a fine single malt for
what reason escapes me at the moment. But who cares, any reason is as good a
reason as any! Any time! And "Leica time"  equates to Single malt time,
anytime! ;-)  :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca> (Re: [Leica] Toronto get-together in the New Year)