Subject: Re: [Leica] Ansel Adams/John Wimberley WAS Mapplethorpe, highquailty porn
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 15:58:38 -0800

Krechtz@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/4/00 3:41:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> john@pinkheadedbug.com writes:
>
> << This all reflects a personal taste... the landscape photography that moves
>  me is somewhat mystical. Your image of laterelle falls, Mark, that has an
>  edge of the sublime that I don't get in AA. There, can I be forgiven? >>
><Snip>

TANKS!!
I forgot the name of the guy who i used to think of as the Ansel of the time
exposed water.
That extra mystical element of the subject mater of the time exposed water is
what made me favor this guy over Ansel for a while. "Bullock?" Guess Ansel was
too much of a realist to turn water into effervescent light by just keeping his
lens open for a longer while. Seem to recall was equally against turning it into
ice with too short of an exposure either!!
It's the subject matter. Cheap tricks!

mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/