Subject: RE: [Leica] Coating a Plywood Darkroom Sink
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:30:00 -0600

> I'm just about to start coating my plywood sink,
> 6'X2', and was hoping someone could give me some
> pointers on achieving a durable and water tight
> finish.
> Thanks,
> Paul

Paul

Marine epoxy is the way to go. If you live anywhere close to a marine supply
house, they can probably recommend the best stuff. I have a stainless sink,
but I needed to make it bigger. I built a wooden frame around it and used
the West System marine epoxy to seal it up.

I'm not sure if West's is nationally available, but it's easy to mix and
use, and it work. Mark Rabiner has a huge sink that's a modern marvel. (Next
time it looks like it might rain 40 days and 40 nights I'm going to Mark's
house to ride out the storm in his darkroom sink, which I certain would
float as well as it holds water.) He used West's Epoxy and I followed his
recommendation.

I think most darkroom users would agree that you can never had a sink that's
too big. Especially if you shoot Leica and modern films, where 20X
enlargements (and beyond) are a possibility.

Dave