Subject: RE: [Leica] Visit to Victoria
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:06:05 -0800

I remember a quote from Sylvia Tyson, a success Canadian folk singer who was raised in Chatham - a small farming town halfway between Toronto and Windsor.  when asked about the town of her youth, she replied "Oh, Chatham is a great place to be from!"

I don't share your enthusiasm for Toronto, Johnny, though I'd much rather live there than, say, Boston or Atlanta.  For me, Ottawa is the perfect city - big enough to have attractions, small enough to have human scale, and Canadian tax dollars all come here to die.

The only problem is that except for a smallish section of downtown it's really too bougeois to make a good setting for sterotypical Leica-style street photos.

Paul