Subject: [Leica] was: country of origin - now: up to your neck
From: "Phong" <phong@metrowerks.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 03:01:34 -0500

Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it> wrote:
[something about Nazi Germany's early success in WWII], then
> Colour shows the clothes, Black and White shows the - undershorts. (Sorry
Ted!)
      This is a LUG gem !   Thanks for the laugh, Rob.   This is the 2nd one
      from you (First one was the 94 years old thing - I had visions of a 90
      something in the monsoon of India,  with an his umbrella carrying
      assistant who can barely keep up)

While I am at it:
      I find Erwin's writing style, how should I say this,  endearing.  Definitely not pompous.
      The technical content seems to be of high quality;  I value and am grateful
       for his contributions, and admire his dedication to his technical methodology.
      Erwin also seems like a very sensitive person.   Kurt Miska's tone and choice of
      words (pompous, "bow, scrape and asskiss") make for a totally, totally, misplaced
      personal attack on Erwin.

      On another topic, I have enjoyed the recent thread on LTM favorites immensely,
      having acquired a IIIg and 50mm LTM Summicron (the one with Thorium) from
      another LUGer last year.

- - Phong