Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:50:46 -0500

At 04:20 PM 11/30/00 +0100, Alan Hull wrote:
<A bunch of Nationalistic Genetic Superiority theory that I've snipped and
then this that I just couldn't let pass without comment...>
>  Natural ability works at all levels, interlectual as well as manual
> dexterity. Its genetic.

Is this the best inteRlectual argument that you can make for the
superiority of German and inferiority of any other Nation's manufactured
goods? Just because a man (or woman) may ride an ass to work, doesn't place
his or her intellect or technical craftsmanship in question.

By your theory only goods in the US should be absolutely superior because
we only have the best people here from all the other genetically pure
nations. Or have we tainted the blot lines by letting those genetically
pure Arians mix with the "mud races?" Dangerous ground that way of
thinking. Leads to lots of suffering.

Pride and belief in good craftsmanship and nation is an admirable thing.
What you have just promoted here on the LUG goes quite a bit beyond that.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
http://GoodPhotos.com