Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite screw-mount Leicas and lenses
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:59:46 -0500

I too like the Summarit- I have had several, sold them then regretted it and
always get another. Fortunately, most have been really clean and
unscratched. I even sold my Summilux as I can mount the Summarit on the M6
with the ring and it looks just as good, and takes (to my fettered eye)
images that are just as good on Tri-X as the Summilux makes!
I like the 50 Elmar, but I tend to use the VALOO hood to make setting the
aperture easy, and it loses some of its compactness. I tried the FISON hood,
but it is worse- just as bulky, and less easy to change the aperture!!!

I think that for the IIIb I will revisit the SUMMAR!, and possibly try
another Summitar, but I find that the Summarit is very nearly as compact and
at f2 and smaller apertures, performs as well for me as the Summitar, so it
my be wasted motion.

I don't know why I like these old cameras so much- they feel better than the
little plastic toys, I know that, and they are so intuitively simple to use-
at least to someone who has used them for so long... I guess it might be a
case of it being hard to teach an old dog new tricks!

Dan (Pondering Points while waiting for a president to be elected!) POst