Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite screw-mount Leicas and lenses
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:40:42 -0800

Mike,  I love the LTM cameras.  With me it is a question of balance,
since I
use the current chrome version of the 50/2 summicron.  It is deadly
sharp lens.  But being chrome, it balances better with the iiif RD ST
than with, say a iii or iiib.  I have a iii that wears a 50/3.5 elmar
mount of the same vintage with coated lens elements.  Who knows, maybe
it is a red scale elmar
in an early chrome mount.  In any case, this body is so sleek, having no
strap lugs, with the collapsed elmar fits in any pocket, goes anywhere
and produces lovely negatives.  The only drawback of the iii is that it
really does require a tapered leader.  With my other screw mounts I have
no problem loading bulk loaded cassettes with a squared off end.

Anyway all cameras of this earlier design are a delight to use.  A huge
plus
as far as I am concerned is the ease with which you can make double
exposures compared to the M cameras.
Damian

Mike Stoesz wrote:

> Good day to all;
>
> I have recently become quite involved in acquiring and using several
> screw-mount Leicas and am curious as to whether members of this list are
> using them regularly.
>
> What are your favorite models and lenses and why?
>
> And here are some questions for Erwin.
> What in your opinion and from your extensive testing is the best of the
> 50mm LTM lenses?  How do the oldest of the 50 mm Elmars compare with the
> last of the breed?
>
> Best wishes to all, Mike

- --
http://www.teleport.com/~damian/strings.htm