Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica strap
From: "..RODGERS, RICK" <rick@quicktest.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:14:44 -0500

As a newcomer myself I will respond. With the 90 f2 apo on my .85 it is a
touch heavy and has a tendancy to slide off my shoulder due to the IMHO
cheesy shoulder part of the leica strap. I am looking forward to the strap
Tina recommended for that reason. Next year I hope to buy an .58 with a 35
f2 or f1.4. Since it will weigh less I hope to use a very thin leather strap
with that. Also FWIW i got a courierware camera bag and am very impressed.
Nice and sleek, I look like just another college kid with it over my
shoulder. Carried it all day and barely noticed the weight. Such a change
from my Nikon days.

Thanks to all who replied. Your advice is much appreciated.

Rick

BTW i can recommend Tom A's Rapid grip and soft release w/o hesitation. With
the larger lenses it makes all the difference. I will say though that it
makes a soft release necessary. My trigger finger was stretching to release
the shutter until I got the softrelease.