Subject: Re: [Leica] country of manufacture (sorry, long rant)
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:51:42 +0100

le 30.11.2000 3:34, Emanuel Lowi à mano@proxyma.net a écrit :

> John S. & Erwin P.:
>
> Sorry we'll disagree on this one.

Emanuel, who is WE in the above? Your post reflects your personal choices
and that's ok. I admit that I used to function your way, but I changed my
mind. Not everything that comes out of Germany is as good as its reputation
(I should know, I'm half German ;-) and I certainly agree with you about
touring in Germany/Portugal... Nevertheless, concerning Leica, I have rarely
been deceived by their products and the fact that my MP4 was "made in
Canada" didn't make a difference in the pictures. I understand your point of
view even if I think that the reasoning behind it has more to do with myth
than with reality. I do not understand how the "out-of-the-factory-life" of
a Portuguese worker could in any way affect his skills or the quality of his
work...

Just a thought,

Tarek

Tarek Charara
L'expo continue sur/The exhibition continues at
http://www.orients-unis.net