Subject: Re: [Leica] Where can I get this hood?
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:10:36 -0800

The 12585 hood is no longer a production item. They show up quite frequently
on eBay and can usually be found at any of the major used Leica dealers.
They seem to go in the $60-$100 range. I've just returned from Japan where I
saw them for around $150.

The 12538 hood is essentially the same - only plastic instead of metal. Many
people prefer these on the theory that they tend to absorb impact better
when knocked around.

Bryan