Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Viewfinders
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:40:49 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 27/11/00 08:33:41 Paris, Madrid, mrbig@mac.com a
écrit :

<< Question #2:  This may seem silly but are all of the new M6's made in
 Germany or are some made in Portugal?  Don't want to be a snob, but it seems
 that my Canadian M4-P is not worth as much as the German built cameras and
 I'd rather get a German M6 if I have the choice.

 Thanks for any advice you can give me.

 Steve

Hello Steve . I have visited the Leica factory last summer and I can tell you
that all M6's are made in Portugal ,
at Villa Nova Di Familicao , to be precise .
This portuguese factory , employing more than 700 poeple , is bigger than the
Solm's factory .
Every M6 is made there , even if it is " finalised " in Germany to be stamped
" Made in Germany " .
And I can add that the poeple from Leica Portugal are very nice to talk to
and that M cameras and lens are indeed hand made .
BTW , will we have someday an M that is " Proudly made in the USA " ? Who
knows

jo Goodtimes , France .
Live Free or Die.

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> ([Leica] M6 Portugal Production)