Subject: [Leica] Book availability
From: imx <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:25:04 +0100

Many asked for the details about my book: Leica Lens Compendium:

This message came in from the publishers, Hove:

> We are publishing a book by Erwin Puts called The Leica Lens Compendium which
> will be available in January, 2001.  This book has been delayed due to new
> Lenses launched at Photokina by Leica which are going to be included in the
> book.  The book is about to go to printers.
>
> We are taking orders now and will despatch your book as soon as it is in the
> Warehouse.

It is a polite way of saying that I could not let hold of the manuscript, as
I wanted to change and update every sentence written since I started this
work -:). I have a nasty habit of learning every day more about Leica lenses
and I still have the feeling I now know about 1% of what is really important
about these lenses.
I also heard a japanese translation will be available in Q2 of 2001 and a
german version is contemplated.

Erwin

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Book availability)