Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leitz NJ- poor service
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 02:00:06 -0400

Jim Brick wrote:

> The Minilux is not really a Leica. It is a rebadged Japanese camera. I
> would be astonished if anyone in NJ or Solms knew the answer to your question.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I related the story of a friend of mine receiving a
> free R8. I called NJ on a Monday and asked for an R8 users manual and
> received it the following Friday.
>
> I dripped frozen yogurt on my 135-R lens and froze the f/stop ring (the
> goop oozed under it and froze the diaphragm. I sent it in and got it back
> in less than three weeks.
>
> My first M6 took a bump which knocked the vertical alignment out and this
> was before I got my own alignment tool. I sen it in on a Monday and
> received it back the following Monday.
>
> I've been using Leica since the CL came out. R cameras starting in 1976.
> I've never ever had a problem getting answers to questions that they are
> likely to know or getting what I call good service.
>
> Jim

Is it possible Jim that you are well known at Leica and perhaps get expidited
service.  I would expect Leica like other camera repair facilities cater to
pros and your turn around may be considerably faster than mine.  My brother a
few years back sent in a Leica flex for a cla and it took just over a month.
John Shick