Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 TTL flash spontaneously discharges sometimes
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 06:19:53 -0800 (PST)

Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> wrote:

> how about the pencil eraser trick on all the contacts of the flash
and
> the hotshoe?

Thanks to both of you!  I've been really careful now about making sure
the flash is pushed all the way back, and tightened down.  Ended up
answering another question.  Before, when I'd lightly depress the
shutter button, I'd see the lightning symbol in the viewfinder and the
metering diode very briefly, and then the meter would go off.  Same
symptoms as running low on battery juice.

After I gave the flash an extra push and tightened it down more, not
only did the spontaneously discharges disappear, but my metering info
stays around for the standard time.

I'm really loving the Metz 32MZ-3 flash I got.  Adds new meaning to
available light.  :)

Thanks!